Or, more specifically, St Andrews!
We have now been living here for nine days, in which time the following things have occurred:
- Frolicking through the snow;
- Jetlag recovery as aided by copious amounts of Top Gear;
- The purchase of twelve novels from various bookshops;
- Friendly drinks at several pubs;
- Eating pheasant;
- My catching a week-long cold;
- Toby wearing plastic bags over his socks because his shoes leaked;
- Befriending an astrophysicist;
- Several successful dinner experiments;
- Completely forgetting how the coin-operated washer/dryer system works, twice;
- Yelling at the stove because the dials turn the wrong way, so that I keep setting them on low instead of high;
- My old laptop catching a virus and dying in the arse;
- The purchase of a shiny new laptop, on which I am now writing this blog post;
- The inexplicable loss of my favourite smooshy purple knitted hat;
- The discovery of a cafe that serves hot chocolate with marshmallows, whipped cream AND a chocolate flake;
- One aborted trip to the movies, being as how it was too cold and we were knackered;
- One sighting of a genuine Scottish gentleman wearing a genuine Scottish kilt;
- The discovery that there is, lurking about somewhere, a town cat called Hamish; and
- The acquisition of a very strange bird-puppet, which I have named Archie the Arche Mascot.
So, as you can see, it’s been a pretty packed program – even so, I apologise for the lengthy radio silence. Doubtless I’ll have more to say (and the strength/will to say it more coherently) at some later date, but in the mean time, here is a photo of Archie, who was given to me by a nice lady at one of the town’s ten charity shops.